Pancake Breakfast Fatty
Tired of the same old breakfast? Get ready for this monster breakfast, the Pancake Breakfast Fatty! Pancakes wrapped in sausage, bacon, and drizzled with maple syrup. You won't want to miss breakfast!
- 1 LB – Ground Sausage
- 16 Slice – Bacon, thick cut
- 6 – Pancakes
2 T – Butter
2 T – Maple Syrup
2 T – Apple Pie - Cinnamon Spice Rub
- Preheat grill or smoker to 250 degrees
- Place the ground sausage in a gallon Ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the sausage until it is about the size of a sheet of paper.
- Cut half of the bag off of the sausage, leaving the other half underneath.
- Break the pancakes and arrange them down the middle of the sausage lengthwise.
- Drizzle the pancakes with the maple syrup. Cut the butter into chunks and place on top of the pancakes.
- Roll the sausage over the top of the pancakes and seal. Peel away remaining plastic.
- Make a square bacon weave, 8 slices wide.
- Place the sausage on one edge of the weave and roll to fully wrap.
- Close the ends of the weave and hold together with toothpicks.
- Season the fatty generously with Apple Pie Rub.
- Place the fatty on a rack lined tray and smoke for 2 hours or until you reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Turn the heat up to 400 and cook for 5-10 minutes to crisp the bacon.
- Allow the fatty to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with extra maple syrup and enjoy!