Making negimaki at home made easy! Follow this recipe and have your very own negimaki dinner ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 LB – Flank Steak or Thin Top Round Steaks
1 C – Thai Fighter
- 2 Bunch – Green Onion
1 T – Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Cut the steak into sections that are about 4” squares.
- Pound the steaks out to 1/8” thick.
- Place the steaks in a ziplock bag and pour in the Thai fighter. Massage the bag to spread the sauce over all the meat.
- Set the meat in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours (up to 24 hours)
- Cut off the bottom ¼” of the green onions and discard.
- Cut the green onions in ½, separating the green and white parts.
- Bring a saucepot of salted water to a boil. And have an ice bath ready
- Drop the white parts of the green onions into the water. 15 seconds later drop in the green parts.
- After another 15 seconds, remove all the green onions and place them in the ice bath to chill rapidly.
- Once cool, place the green onions on a tray with paper towel to dry.
- Remove the steak from the bag and lay them out of a tray.
- Distribute the green onions onto each of the steaks. Lay them down straight along one side.
- Roll up the steaks around the green onions. Secure each roll with butcher’s sting/twine.
- Grill the steak rolls to your preferred temperature. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steaks into 1” slices.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle with more Thai Fighter for garnish along with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.