Kick your meatball routine up a notch with these sweet and spicy Korean BBQ meatballs. Made in just minutes, these bad boys are delicious served over rice or straight as a flavor-packed appetizer.
Korean BBQ Meatballs
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 T||Sesame Oil, divided|
|2 T||Vegetable Oil, divided|
|1||Yellow Onion, minced|
|3||Garlic Cloves, grated|
|1 T||Brown Sugar|
|1 T||Seoul Train Sesame Citrus|
|1 lb.||Ground Beef|
|1 lb.||Ground Pork|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|2 T||Rice Vinegar|
|1 cup||Black Belt Korean BBQ Sauce|
|1 tsp||Sesame Seeds, toasted|
- Heat one tablespoon of sesame oil and one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, then stir in garlic and grated ginger. Sauté another minute, then stir in brown sugar and season with Seoul Train. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, ground pork, egg, vinegar, bread crumbs, and cilantro. Mix a couple times by hand, then add in the cooled onion mixture. Mix well by hand.
- Shape meat into golf ball-sized portions, then heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining oil, then brown the meatballs. Transfer to a sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Pour Black Belt into a large mixing bowl, then add the meatballs to the sauce when they are finished baking. Gently toss to coat, then serve warm over rice. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.