Forget corn dogs, these honey mustard pretzel-wrapped brats will be your new go-to breaded sausage. Our sweet and tangy No. 282 Honey Mustard Brat is wrapped in pillowy soft homemade pretzel dough, then sprinkled in our Jackpot honey mustard rub.
Honey Mustard Brat Pretzels
Prep time: 90 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|Homemade Soft Pretzel Dough|
|No. 282 Honey Mustard Brats (or any brat)|
|2 1/2 qts||Water|
|2/3 cup||Baking Soda|
|1 T||Beer or Water|
|2 T||Butter, melted|
|Jackpot Rub (optional)|
- Prepare soft pretzel dough (you can also use store-bought pizza dough)
- Place Honey Mustard Brats in a large pot. Cover with cold water, then bring to a low-simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from water, and set aside on a sheet tray.
- Divide pretzel dough into 16 portions. Flatten each portion, then wrap around each brat. Roll to secure the seam, then pinch together the ends to seal.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Bring the water and the baking soda to a rolling boil in an 8-quart saucepan or roasting pan.
- Place the pretzels into the boiling water, 4 at a time, for 30 seconds. Remove them from the water and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Combine the egg with 1 T of beer of water and brush the top of each pretzel with egg wash.
- Bake until dark golden brown in color, approximately 12 to 14 minutes, rotating halfway.
- Remove from the oven, then brush each pretzel-wrapped brat with melted butter and sprinkle with Jackpot Rub.