A healthy and flavorful panini filled with thick slices of pork loin, grilled vegetables, and provolone cheese. Stack it high and press it to golden, crispy perfection.
Grilled Vegetable & Pork Loin Panini
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|Pork Loin, boneless|
Olive Oil, divided
|2/3 cups||Chicken Stock|
|1||Red Onion, thick sliced|
|1||Red Bell Pepper|
|8 oz.||Provolone, sliced|
|8 slices||Sourdough or Rustic Italian Bread|
- Preheat grill to 425° F, then season pork loin with Farm House.
- Place a deep cast iron skillet on the grill, and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sear pork loin on all sides, then transfer pork directly on the grill grate, while you set sliced onion in the skillet. Place the pork on top of the onion, close lid, and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, flip the pork loin and onions. Add the chicken stock, and continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140° F.
- Remove pork from the grill, rest on a cutting board for 15 minutes, then slice into ¼” pieces.
- While pork is resting, cut bell pepper into large pieces for grilling. Cut yellow squash and zucchini in half, then slice into ¼” pieces. Place vegetables on a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil, then season with Farm House. Transfer to the grill and cook over direct flame for 2 to 3 minutes, turning often. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Preheat panini press or grill pan.
- When ready to assemble the sandwich, brush sliced bread with olive oil, then season with Farm House. Layer arugula, sliced pork, vegetables, and 2 slices of provolone per sandwich. Place sandwiches, on the panini press and cook for 4 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese has melted.
- Slice sandwiches in half and serve warm.