These chicken breasts are fancy enough to serve at your next BBQ without being dry or boring. The chicken is stuffed with a mixture of garlic, artichoke, spinach zucchini and parmesan, coated in our savory Black Gold Garlic Pepper, then grilled until tender.
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|1 1/2 lbs.||Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless|
|2 T||Olive Oil|
|1 cup||Yellow Onion, chopped|
|7.5 oz.||Artichoke Hearts, chopped|
|1 1/2 cups||Fresh Spinach, chopped|
|2 tsp||Black Gold Garlic Pepper|
|2/3 cup||Parmesan, grated|
|3 T||Basil, chopped|
|1 T||Italian Parsley, chopped|
|2/3 cup||Scallions, halved le|
- Preheat the grill to 375 F.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, until translucent, then stir in garlic, artichoke hearts, and Black Gold. Sauté 2 more minutes, then remove from heat and stir in fresh spinach and zucchini. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley. Set aside.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and butterfly. Divide half of the herb parmesan over the chicken breasts, then top with vegetable sauté, followed by remaining herb parmesan. Fold chicken over filling, then secure with butcher’s twine.
- Lay scallions on a mesh grate and place chicken on top. Season with additional Black Gold.
Transfer the chicken to the grill, over indirect heat. Grill chicken for 25 to 30 minutes, then remove from the grill. Rest for 5 minutes, then remove twine. Serve warm.