If chili dogs and pigs in a blanket had a love child, you’d get this easy and party-pleasing app. Cocktail wieners are dressed up in a Notorious P.I.G.-laced crescent roll then baked right into a skillet of our award-winning Fireman’s Chili mix.
Fireman's Chili Dog Pigs in a Blanket
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 lbs||Ground Beef|
|1 pkg||Fireman's Chili Mix|
|1 pkg.||Cocktail Wieners|
|TT||Notorious P.I.G. Pulled Pork Rub|
|1/2 cup||Sour Cream|
|1/2 - 1 cup||Shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Brown 1/5-2 lbs of ground beef in a pan and drain grease when done.
- In a large pot Make PS Fireman Chili as directed minus 2 C water. (You want a thicker consistency)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Roll out and separate 2 pks of crescent rolls and cut each triangle in half the long way.
- Sprinkle Notorious P.I.G. rub on the crescents and taking 1 cocktail wieners starting at the wide end of the triangle and rill into the crescent roll (pigs in a blanket)
- In cast iron line the rim with the pigs in a blanket, standing them vertically side by side.
- Ladle in the Fireman Chili into the middle of the cast iron until it chili touches all the pigs in a blanket. (This will use most of the chili allowing for a little extra to refill your party dish)
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 15-20 mins until crescents are golden brown. (Additional pigs in blanket can be cooked on a baking sheet and served as additional dippers to the chili)
- When ready to serve add sour cream and shredded cheese to taste. Enjoy!