Easy Crab Cakes
Crunchy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside, these easy homemade crab cakes will make you anything but crabby. Made with our Tackle Box Fish Blend, these cakes are bursting with flavor and won't fall apart during frying.
Easy Crab Cakes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|Olive Oil, divided|
|4||Scallions, sliced thinly|
|2||Celery Ribs, chopped fine|
|2 tsp||Tackle Box Fish Blend|
|1/8 tsp||Black Pepper|
|1/2||Lemon, juice and zest|
|1 lb.||Claw Crabmeat, drained|
|1 cup||Panko Breadcrumbs, divided|
|1/3 cup||Fine Breadcrumbs|
|1 tsp||Hot Sauce, optional|
|Lemon Wedges for Serving|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat/flame. Add scallions and celery and sauté for 2 minutes, then add seasoning, lemon juice and zest and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Place ⅔ cup of panko breadcrumbs in a medium-sized mixing bowl, then top with sautéed mixture. Stir to combine, then mix in mayonnaise. Add crabmeat, making sure to feel for any shells. Add hot sauce, if desired. Mix well, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs and ⅓ cup of fine breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Divide the crab mixture into 12 portions and form 2 ½ inch round cakes. Dip each cake in breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat/flame. Add half of the crab cakes and sauté 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack with sheet tray underneath, then repeat sauté process with remaining olive oil, butter, and crab cakes.
- Garnish crab cakes with reserved scallions and serve warm with lemon wedges.