|14 Ounces||Smoked Sausage (I used Hillshire Farms)|
|1 Cup||Buttermilk Pancake Mix|
|1/2 Cup||Maple Syrup|
Will Need: Large Frying Pan, Large Wooden Skewers and Deep Sauce Pan
1) Cut up Smoked Sausage into 1" pieces and carefully tightly wrap one slice of bacon around each piece.
2) Place the Smoked Sausage covered bacon into a large frying pan and fry until bacon is crisp. Set Aside.
3) Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl combine Buttermilk Pancake Mix, 1 Egg and Water. If batter is too runny add a little more pancake mix to thicken.
4) Skewer each Smoked Sausage covered bacon piece and coat in the pancake mixture.
5) In a Deep Sauce pan filled with Vegetable oil, heat to Medium/High Heat. Try to keep temperature around 300°F.
6) Fry each skewer holding the end of the skewer one by one until completely browned.
7) Serve with Maple Syrup and top with powdered sugar (optional) and enjoy!
Items Used In This Recipe: