All the flavors of Oktoberfest rolled into one bite! Soft and chewy homemade pretzels are wrapped around a flavorful sausage and sauerkraut filling. Serve with German-style mustard or beer cheese dip for the full gemütlichkeit experience.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|4||Bratwurst, casings removed|
|1||Yellow Onion, finely diced|
|1 cup||Oktoberfest Beer|
|2 cups||Sauerkraut, drained|
|4 T||Panko Breadcrumbs|
|2 T||Parsley, chopped|
|6 T||Cream Cheese, softened|
|1/2 batch||Homemade Soft Pretzel Dough|
|2 T||Oktoberfest Beer|
|1-2 T||Multi-Tool Seasoning or Kosher Salt|
- Prepare pretzel dough and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat brown the bratwurst while breaking it up with a wooden spatula or spoon. Add the diced onion, mix it in and let soften. Deglaze with ½ cup of beer, and reduce.
- In a mixing bowl add the drained sauerkraut, breadcrumbs, parsley, cream cheese, and cooled off bratwurst and onion mixture.
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and refrigerate for 1 hour. Form into golf-sized balls and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper and lightly brush with oil. Set aside.
- Separate pretzel dough mixture into about 24 equal pieces, about 1-1.5" thick. Roll each piece then flatten using your palm or rolling pin. Form dough around each golf-ball-sized bite and pinch to close. Place on prepared baking sheet seam side down. Repeat with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and beer until well combine. Brush over pretzel balls and sprinkle generously with Ultimate Seasoning.
- Bake pretzels for 14 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Serve warm with mustard and enjoy!