Strap on your lederhosen and get ready to make this traditional Bavarian pork roast. Succulent pork belly is braised in rubbed in our beer-infused Cock-a-Doodle Brew Rub, then smoked and braised in a beer and Honey Dipper jus.
Beer Braised Pork Belly
Prep time: 8-12 hours
Cook time: 3.5 hours
|Pork Belly, skin removed|
|2 T||Olive Oil|
|1||Yellow Onion, chopped|
|2||Celery Ribs, chopped|
|3||Garlic Cloves, sliced|
|TT||Salt & Pepper|
|12 oz.||Oktoberfest Beer|
|1 1/2 cups||Chicken Stock|
|1/4 cup||Honey Dipper Honey Mustard|
- Place pork belly in a glass baking dish. Score the fat in a cross-hatch pattern. Rub Cock-A-Doodle Brew all over the pork belly, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the pork belly from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the grill to 225 F.
- Transfer the pork belly to the grill rack and smoke for 1 hour, rotating halfway through.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté vegetables for 5 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the beer, chicken stock, and Honey Dipper. Add the smoked pork belly, bay leaves, and thyme. Cover, then braise at 300 F for 2 to 2 ½ hours, until tender.
- Transfer Dutch oven underneath a broiler, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, to crisp up the top of the pork belly.
Allow the pork belly to rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve warm with braising jus.