DIY Snow Globe Ornaments from Glass Spice Jars
The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to reuse your PS seasoning jars than by creating your own DIY snow globe ornaments? With just a few simple supplies, you can transform your old glass spice jars into miniature winter wonderlands.
Supplies You'll Need:
- Glass Spice Jars (shakers, rubs and grinder jars all work great!)
- Kosher Salt
- Hot Glue Gun
- Small Bottlebrush Trees or Figurines
1. Prepare Your Glass Spice Jars:
- Ensure your glass jars are clean and dry. Remove any labels or residue from the jars by soaking them in warm, soapy water. Dry them thoroughly before starting the project.
2. Choose and Place Your Figurines:
- Select small bottlebrush trees, figurines, or any tiny holiday-themed objects that fit well within the jar's size (we bought ours at the local dollar store). Place them inside the jar and arrange them to your liking. You can use a dab of hot glue to secure the figurines to the base of the jar.
3. Add the Snowy Base:
- Sprinkle a small amount of kosher salt into the bottom of the jar to create a snowy base for your scene. The salt resembles sparkling snow and adds a magical touch to your snow globe.
4. Hanging Ribbon
- Carefully poke 2 holes in the top of the jar's lid with a metal screw driver or other device. String a piece of ribbon through each hole and tie to secure.
5. Decorate the Exterior (optional):
- Embellish the exterior of the jar with a decorative ribbon tied around the lid. Choose a ribbon that complements your ornament's theme and secure it with a knot or a bow.
6. Personalize and Enhance (Optional):
- Get creative by adding glitter or artificial snow inside the globe for an extra sparkle effect.
Happy crafting and happy holidays!