Smoked Chicken Halves
Tender and crispy chicken halves seasoned in our newest seasoning The General made up of Salt, Pepper, and Garlic. Smothered in homemade Alabama White Sauce! Yum!
- 1 – Chicken, whole
- ½ Cup – BBQ General SPG Rub
- Alabama White Sauce (see recipe)
- Preheat smoker or grill to 350 degrees.
- Remove the backbone of the chicken.
- Split the chicken down the breastbone to separate the 2 halves.
- Season the chicken generously with BBQ General SPG Rub.
- Place the chicken on the grill/smoker for about 1 hour. Rotate after 30 minutes.
- The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees near the bones.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with Alabama White Sauce and enjoy!