If you're cooking Thanksgiving for a smaller crowd or just want to change things up, this stuffed Turkey Roulade is the perfect alternative to a whole turkey. We stuffed a butterflied turkey breast with a savory filling of cremini mushrooms, garlic, onion, stuffing and sherry. Roll, truss, and give it a hearty coating of our Good Fella Italian Herb.
Roasted Turkey Roulade
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
2 1/2 lbs.
|Turkey Breast, butterflied|
|3 T||Butter, divided|
|1 T||Olive Oil|
|1||Yellow Onion, chopped|
|1||Celery Rib, chopped|
|2||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|4 oz.||Cremini Mushrooms, chopped|
|2 oz.||Baby Spinach, chopped|
|1 T||Good Fella Italian Herb|
|2 T||Parsley, chopped|
|2 1/2 cups||Turkey or Chicken Stock, divided|
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes, until the mushrooms are slightly browned. Deglaze with sherry, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in spinach, then season with Good Fella. Simmer for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Fold the stuffing and fresh parsley into the vegetable mixture, then slowly pour over 1 cup of turkey stock, until stuffing is moistened.
- Place the turkey breast on a cutting board. Season with Good Fella, then spoon over ⅓ of the stuffing, leaving an inch border.
- Roll the turkey breast, then use kitchen twine to truss the turkey breast and secure the stuffing. Place in a cast iron skillet, top with remaining softened butter, and season with Good Fella. Place a sprig of rosemary on top, add remaining 1 ½ cups of stock around the turkey, along with 1 bay leaf. Transfer to the oven.
- Cook the turkey for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours, until an internal temperature of 165 F is reached.
- Remove the stuffed turkey breast from the oven, rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve warm, with remaining stuffing.