Roasted Pumpkin Chili
The best of Fall flavors in one hearty bowl of chili. A whole pumpkin is roasted in our Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub then stirred into a hearty homemade chili seasoned with smoky ancho chili, cumin and more Apple Pie. Top with roasted pumpkin seeds for a crunchy finish
Roasted Pumpkin Chili
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|1/4 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|1/4 cup||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice|
|2 T||Olive Oil|
|2||Celery Ribs, chopped|
|1||Red Onion, chopped|
|3 T||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice|
|2 tsp||Cumin, ground|
|1 tsp||Ancho Chili Powder|
|2-2 1/2 cups||Vegetable Stock|
|15 oz.||Pumpkin, canned|
|15 oz||Fire Roasted Tomatoes, canned|
|15 oz||Black Beans, drained|
|15 oz.||Pinto Beans, drained|
|TT||Kosher Salt & Black Pepper|
|1/2 cup||Roasted Apple Pie Pumpkin Seeds|
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Set the pumpkin on a cutting board, over a damp cloth towel, to prevent slipping. Cut the pumpkin open by using a sharp knife to cut a circle around the stem end, then pulling off the top. Use a metal spoon to scrape the insides of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and strings attached to them. Set the seeds aside to rinse and roast later.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, then into smaller inch sections, as if you were portioning a melon. Remove the skin, then cut the flesh into ½ inch cubes and transfer to a sheet tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and Apple Pie Rub, then pour over the cubed pumpkin. Toss to coat.
- Roast the pumpkin for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan after 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a Dutch oven, over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, and onion, and sauté for 5 minutes. Season with Apple Pie Rub, cumin, and ancho chili powder. Stir in the stock, canned pumpkin, and tomatoes, then heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, partially covered.
- After 15 minutes, add in the strained beans and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in ⅔ of the roasted pumpkin and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and divide among soup bowls. Top with remaining roasted pumpkin, roasted Apple Pie Rub pumpkin seeds, and cilantro. Serve warm.