Have leftover ham from the holidays? Put it to good use and whip up these easy and delicious puff pastry bites stuffed with smoky ham, sweet dried apricots, brie, and a generous helping of our smoky-sweet Lumberjack blend.
Ham, Brie & Apricot Puffs
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 2 dozen
|1 tsp||Lumberjack Hickory Maple|
|1/2 cup||Ham, finely diced|
|1/4 cup||Dried Apricot, finely diced|
|3 oz.||Brie, cut into 24 small cubes|
|Egg Wash||1 Egg Yolk + 1 tsp Water, beaten|
- Remove puff pastry from freezer, and set one sheet out on counter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ¼ teaspoon of Lumber Jack with diced ham and apricot. Set aside. In another bowl toss together cubed brie and ¼ teaspoon of Lumberjack. Set aside.
- Lightly flour work surface, then set puff pastry sheet on top. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of Lumber Jack over the pastry, then roll the pastry out to ⅛ inch thickness. Use a pizza cutter to cut 24 squares.
- Place each pastry square in mini muffin tin cup. Add 1 teaspoon of ham and apricot filling to each cup, then top with one cube of brie. Fold over corners of pastry, then lightly brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then serve warm.