In the ultimate comfort food, leftover turkey joins forces with onions, carrots, potatoes, peas and our herby Good Fella Italian Blend for a simple and delicious Pot Pie. This recipe can also be made with pulled chicken (or whatever protein you have on hand).
Good Fella Turkey Pot Pie
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
|Prepared Pie Dough|
|1 cup||Yellow Onion, chopped|
|3/4 cup||Celery Ribs, chopped|
|3/4 cup||Carrots, diced|
|1 1/2 cups||Idaho Potatoes, peeled & diced|
|2||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1 tsp||Good Fella Italian Herb|
|1/2 tsp||Thyme, fresh chopped|
|1/4 tsp||Rubbed Sage|
|1/2 tsp||Kosher Salt|
|1/8 tsp||Black Pepper|
|1 cup||Turkey Stock|
|2 T||Heavy Cream|
|1/2 cup||Peas, frozen|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place one rolled portion of pie dough in 9” pie plate.
- In a large saucepot, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes and sauté 5 minutes. Then add garlic and seasonings and sauté another 3 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Then stir in flour and cook another minute.
- Add sherry and stock, and continuously stir until filling thickens. Slowly stir in milk and cream. Then add turkey and peas and bring to a low boil. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley.
- Allow filling to cool for 5 minutes, then add to pie shell. Top with other rolled portion of pie dough, and crimp edges together. Cut a few slits in the top of pot pie to allow venting.
- Bake pot pie for 25 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° F, and bake an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes. Serve hot.