The Salad bar is open! This Citrus Smash Chicken and Greek Salad is a full plate of healthy. Don't even shy away for a big portion.
Citrus Smash Chicken Greek Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 Lb||Chicken Breast|
|2 T||Olive Oil (for chicken)|
|2 T||Citrus Smash Lemon Pepper|
|1 T||Dijon Mustard|
|1 T||Lemon Juice|
|2 T||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1/2 t||Fresh Thyme Leaves|
|1 Cup||Olive Oil ( for vinaigrette)|
|3 Heads||Romaine Lettuce|
Cherry Tomatoes- halved
Red Bell Pepper- Julienned
Red Onion- Julienned
- Clean and season chicken breasts with Citrus Smash Seasoning and Olive Oil, set aside
- Cut vegetables and romaine lettuce for the salad and keep separate for later.
- Heat an oven safe sauté pan over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, sear the chicken smooth side down first for 3-4 minutes, or until a nice golden-brown sear is present. Flip the chicken in the pan and place the pan in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Or, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is in the oven, make the vinaigrette. In a small/medium mixing bowl combine mustard, lemon juice, thyme leaves and vinegar together with a whisk. While continuously whisking, slowly add oil until fully combined. (if it does now come together,it’s ok. It will still taste good!)
- Toss chopped romaine with a dash of salt with desired amount of the vinaigrette and divide into 4 plates. Top the salads with tomatoes, onions, olives and bell peppers.
- Slice the cooked chicken and divide on top of the salads
Finish each salad with crumbled Feta cheese.