Bacon Jam Wings
These wings will have you coming back for more! Wings just got better with these Bacon Jam wings!
- 3 LB – Wings
2 T – Olive Oil
4 T – Cock-A-Doodle Brew Beer Can Chicken Rub
- 1 ½ LB – Bacon
- 2 – Shallots, minced
- 5 Clove – Garlic, minced
- 2 oz – Bourbon
½ C – Maple Syrup
½ C – Apple Cider Vinegar
½ C – Brown Sugar
- Preheat smoker to 350 degrees.
- Toss the wings in olive oil and then season them generously with Cock-A-Doodle Brew rub.
- Place the wings directly on the smoker and cook until the internal temp reaches 165. Turn them occasionally and finish over direct heat to crisp the skin.
- While the wings are cooking, chop up the bacon and place it in a saucepan.
- Render the bacon over medium heat until the bacon is just barely crispy.
- Remove the bacon and drain off ½ of the rendered fat.
- Again, over medium heat, sauté the shallot and garlic until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and stir well to combine.
- Reduce over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sings are done, toss in the bacon jam and enjoy!