Bacon like you've never had before. This pig candy is made by coating thick-cut bacon in a glaze of maple syrup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and our Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub before baking until caramelized. Serve crumbled on a salad, in a BLT or grilled cheese, or just eat it right off the pan.
Apple Pie Candied Bacon
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|3 T||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub|
|1 1/2 T||Dark Brown Sugar|
|1 T||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|TT||Black Pepper, cracked|
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together Apple Pie Rub, brown sugar, vinegar, maple syrup, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place bacon slices wire rack set over a sheet tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, turn slices, and bake another 5 minutes.
Remove the bacon from the oven and brush bacon with Apple Pie mixture.
- Return bacon to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Continue to baste every 10 minutes until bacon is browned and crisp, about 45 to 50 minutes.