Texas Style Smoked Turkey Breast
Texas style always brings the flavor! Time for Turkey to kick in the heat with these Texas Style Smoked Turkey Breast.
- 2 – Turkey Breasts, boneless
½ C – Rodeo Rub - Texas Brisket Rub
- 3 Stick - Butter
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Remove the skin from the turkey breast and trim if needed.
- Season the breasts generously on all sides with the Rodeo rub.
- Place the breasts on the smoker, serve side up to start.
- Insert a probe to monitor the internal temperature of the turkey.
- Once the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees, pull the turkey and place on a large sheet of heavy duty foil, serve side down. (so you see the underside of the turkey breast.
- Fold up the sides but do not close completely.
- Melt the butter and then pour over the two breasts.
- Fold up and close the foil.
- Place the turkey back on the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 162 degrees.
- Pull from the smoker and rest for 20 minutes before slicing.