Smoked Bacon Wrapped Cabbage
If you don't like it wrap it in bacon to make it better! Smoked cabbage wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with our Blue Ribbon rub! What more could you want?
- 1 Medium–Green Cabbage
- 12-14 Slice – Bacon
3 T – Blue Ribbon - Competition-Style BBQ Rib Rub
- Preheat Smoker to 275 degrees
- Weave the bacon on a large piece of parchment paper or cutting board by laying 6 slices of bacon side by side and alternating 6 strips in the opposite direction over and under the other strips.
- Season the bacon generously with Blue Ribbon Rub.
- Carefully cut off the base of the cabbage. Then core the cabbage, about 2 to 3 inches deep in a cone shape.
- Lay the top of the cabbage in the center of the bacon weave.
- Bring in the sides of the bacon weave up and secure them to the cabbage with skewers. Work your way around the cabbage until the weave is fully attached to the cabbage.
- Flip right side up onto a rack lined tray. Season the top with Blue Ribbon Rub.
- Place on the smoker for about 3 hours or until the cabbage is tender enough where a skewer easily enters to the center.
- Remove from the smoker and allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing skewers and then cutting into wedges and serving.