Pretzel Wrapped Hot Honey Brie
The perfect holiday treat with some heat! Baked brie wrapped in a homemade Pennsylvania Dutch pretzel and seasoned with our Hot Honey Bee Sting rub!
- Follow the directions on the package to prepare the pretzel dough. The directions for this recipe will change once the dough has risen.
- Once the dough has risen, set the dough on a lightly greased work surface.
- Get the baking soda bath together by combining the baking soda pack together with 8 cups of water in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Cut the dough in ½.
- Take one half of the dough and work it with your hands to make a circle, like a pizza crust, about 8” wide.
- Season the dough with Bee Sting Hot Honey rub.
- Scrape the rind off of the brie if preferred and then place it in the center of the seasoned dough.
- Wrap up the edges of the dough over the brie and seal the seams together with a pinch.
- Make the remaining dough into another brie bake or make regular pretzels.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drop the brie bake into the baking soda bath and boil for 15 seconds. Flip and cook another 15 seconds.
- Remove from the bath and place on a rack lined tray to drip dry.
- Blanch the regular pretzels the same way.
- Place all the pretzels on a lightly greased tray.
- Season the pretzels with Bee Sting and place them in the oven. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating ½ way through.
- Mix together ¾ cup honey and 2 TB of Bee Sting.
- Cool the pretzels for 3-4 minutes before drizzling them with the Bee Sting honey.
- Cut into the brie baked pretzel and enjoy!