Candied Jalapeno Wings
Just wing it! You'll never have a better chicken wing! Delicious and juicy wings sauced in candied jalapeno! The best type of sweet and savory.
3 LB- Wings
1 T- Olive Oil
1/4 C- Cock-A-Doodle-Brew Beer Can Chicken Rub
- 9 – Jalapenos
1 C – Apple Cider Vinegar
1 ½ C – Sugar
1 t – Celery Salt
1 t – Garlic Powder
1 t– Salt
2 T – Cold Water
2 T – Corn starch
Candied Jalapeno Sauce
- Take 6 jalapenos and remove the stems and seeds. Place the peppers in a food processor and pulse until it becomes a chunky paste, do not fully puree.
- Dump the paste into a saucepan and add the vinegar, sugar, celery salt, garlic powder and salt. Stir to combine and then place over medium/high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to maintain a very low simmer and reduce by ¼.
- Preheat smoker to 350 degrees.
- Toss the wings in a bowl with the olive oil and Cock-A-Doodle Brew rub to coat the wings well.
- Place the wings directly on the smoker and cook for 45-50 minutes, turning once halfway through. Cook until the wings are crispy to your liking and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Once the sauce is mostly reduced, take the remaining jalapenos and slice them into ¼” slices and add to the sauce.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and cold water to make a slurry.
- Bring the sauce up to a simmer again and add slurry to thicken.
- Toss the cooked wings in the sauce and enjoy!