A customer favorite, our award-winning Red Barn Bologna Seasoning will turn up the flavor of your ring bologna. With added heat, garlic, spices and black pepper pieces, this coarse blend will add visual spices and heartiness to your finished product. Simply savory and delectable!
- Traditionally paired with beef or pork, but great with venison
- We recommend using a coarser cut bologna
- 0.81 Lb. B Unit for 25 lbs. of meat
- *Contains: MSG
One pound conversion:
- Seasoning per pound: 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Cure per pound: ⅛ Teaspoon
Casings we recommend:
Salt, Dextrose, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Garlic Concentrate, Spice Extractives, Less Than 2% Soybean Oil.
(For 12-1/2# Batches Divide Following By 1/2)
You will need:
- 13# of 90% Lean Beef Trims or Wild Game
- 12# of 85% Lean Pork Trims
- 2 to 3 Cups Distilled Water
- 1-1/2 cups of Binder Flour (Optional) *Keeps Product Moist
Suggested Procedure: Grind all trims through 3/16" plate twice. Add cure with water and mix into meat. Add seasonings and binder flour (Optional: Keeps moisture in the meat) into meat and mix for 4-6 minutes until meat is tacky. Stuff into 40-43 beef rounds or 8 x 24 Fibrous Casings, or a 40mm or 43mm Collagen Round.
Smoking Procedure: Preheat smoker to 120 degrees F. Hang product on smoke sticks with no parts touching. Insert temperature probe into center of one ring or center of bologna. Run with damper wide open for 1 hour. Place 3/4 pan sawdudst moistened on burner. Increase smoker temperature to 170 degrees F and smoke for 3 hours (Damper 1/4 open). Increase smoker temperature to 185 degrees F for big bologna 8 x 24. Heat until product reaches an internal temperature of 156 degrees F. Shower product reduce temperature to 100-110 degrees F or cool in cold water bath. Dry at room temperature and place in cooler.