Ultimate Bourbon Burger
Bourbon and a burger? I don't think we need to say anymore! Onions caramelized in bourbon, bourbon butter, and bourbon bacon jam! My mouth is watering, is yours?
- 4 – Burger Buns
- 1 LB – Ground Beef
2 T – On The Rock Bourbon Pepper
1 C – Arugula
- 1 – Yellow Onion, julienned
2 T – Butter
1 T – Bourbon
1 T – Bourbon
2 T - Butter
- 4 Slice – Bacon, thick cut
- 1 - Shallot
- 2 – Tomatoes
¼ C – Red Wine Vinegar
6 T – Sugar
- 1 oz – Bourbon
Bourbon Carmel Onions
Bourbon Bacon Jam
To make the caramelized onions
-Place the onions in a saute pan with 2 TB of butter and cook over low heat for 45-60 minutes or until well caramelized. Finish the onions by adding the bourbon and cooking until the alcohol is burned off.
To make the bourbon Jam
-Rough chop the bacon and place in a saucepot and cook over medium heat until the fat is mostly rendered. Drain off ½ of the fat.
-Julienne the shallot and add to the bacon. Cook for 2-3 minutes until well softened.
-Dice the tomatoes and add to the pot. Add sugar and vinegar and bring to a low simmer. Simmer very low for about 90 minutes until the jam thickens.
- Make 4 patties out of the ground beef and season them generously with On The Rocks.
- Grill the burgers to you desired temperature and toast the buns.
- Build the burgers by spreading the tomato bacon jam on both the top and bottom buns. Then place arugula on the bottom bun followed by the burger patty and then topped with the caramel onions.
- Enjoy with 2 fingers of your favorite bourbon.