Game day sausage rolls served with your favorite dipping sauce will have your team saying TOUCHDOWN!
- 1 Pkg – Bratwurst
- 1 – Egg
½ C – Breadcrumbs
1 C – Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
2 t – Multitool Ultimate Blend
2 t – Parsley, chopped
- 1 – Red Onion, julienned
2 T – Butter
- 1 Sheet – Puff Pastry
- 1 - Egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Set Puff pastry out on the counter to thaw if necessary.
- Place the julienned red onion in a large skillet and add 2 TB of butter. Place over medium heat and caramelize the onions. Stir occasionally for 20-25 minutes until well softened and caramelized.
- Set aside to cool.
- Remove the casings from the brats and then place the meat in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the breadcrumbs, shredded cheese, Multitool, chopped parsley and one egg.
- Roughly chop the caramelized onion and add it to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients together by hand until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Cut the puff pastry into 1/3s.
- Spread the 1/3 of the meat mixture down the middle of each of the pastry pieces, the long way.
- Beat one egg in a bowl and use a pastry brush to egg wash one side of the puff pastry.
- Roll the other side of the puff pastry over the meat and connect with the egg washed side. Seal.
- Once the roll is formed, cut each roll into 8 equal sections.
- Place on a parchment lined tray. Lightly baste each roll with egg wash.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the sausage is fully cooked and the pastry is browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Share your photos with us using #psseasoning