Say aloha to this sweet and savory Hawaiian hot dog! Loaded with juicy grilled pineapple, crispy bacon, and a drizzle of teriyaki sauce, this hot dog is a tropical flavor explosion that will transport you to the beaches of Hawaii.
- 6 – Jumbo All Beef Hotdogs
- 6 Slice – Bacon
- 6 – Hot Dog Buns
- 2 – Bell Peppers
- 1 – Pineapple
½ C – Big Kahuna Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce
- Preheat grill and set up for indirect cooking, about 350 degrees.
- Julienne the peppers and sauté over medium/high heat until just tender.
- Peel and cut the pineapple into bun sized slices.
- Wrap each hotdog in a piece of bacon and secure the ends with a toothpick.
- Place the hotdogs on the grill over indirect heat. Cook for 25-30 minutes until the bacon is well rendered.
- Baste the hotdogs with Big Kahuna sauce and move over direct heat for 1-3 minutes, rotating often until the hotdogs are cooked to your liking.
- Build the hotdogs by placing a grilled dog on a bun and top with a slice of pineapple and some sauteed peppers.