Grilled dessert? Yes please! Grilled apples seasoned with our Apple Pie rub and topped with ice cream and homemade caramel sauce.
- 3 LB – Apples
2 C – Caramel Sauce
3 T – Apple Pie Rub
½ C – Pecans, chopped
- Ice Cream for serving
- Preheat smoker or grill to 350 degrees, set up for indirect cooking.
- Use an apple slicer/corer to cut the apples. Press it though about 75% of the way, trying to leave the base intact.
- Use a paring knife to remove the core.
- Wrap the apples in foil boats and pour in ¼ cup of caramel sauce and then season with apple pie.
- Add 1 TB of chopped pecans to each apple and then wrap up the foil packs.
- Place the foil pack over indirect heat on the grill and cook for 20-30 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Remove them from the grill and let them cool for 10 minutes before plating.
- Top with ice cream and an extra drizzle of caramel.