Cajun Pig Shots
Look at these hot shots! These Cajun Pig Shots are shrimp and andouille sausage wrapped in bacon and filled to the top with Notorious P.I.G. cream cheese mixture and smoked till crisp!
- Peel and devein the shrimp if needed and marinate them in the HonkyTonk Sauce
- Slice the sausage into 16 coins, they should be about ½” thick.
- Cut the pieces of bacon in ½.
- Wrap the bacon around the sausage coins on one edge of the bacon. Secure with a toothpick. You should now have something that resembles a shot glass
- In a small bowl, combine the softened cram cheese and the Notorious P.I.G.
- Add the creamcheese mixture to a quart sizedziplock bag. Cut the bottom tip of the bag about ½” in, and now you should be able to pipe out the cream cheese mixture.
- Fill the pig shots with the cream cheese and place them on a rack lined sheet tray.
- Preheat grill/smoker to 350 degrees.
- Place on the smoker for 45-60 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Place once piece of shrimp into each pig shot with the tail hanging out.
- Smoke for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the shrimp is fully cooked.