Badger Brat Skewers
The Badger Brat has it all! Rock out at your next Summer BBQ with savory caramelized onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and beer brats skewed and covered with a pretzel cheese topping! Throw them on the grill and enjoy!
- 5 – Badger Brats (see recipe)
- 2 – Onions
3 T – Butter
- 4 OZ – Cream Cheese
2 T– Beer
½ C – Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 t – Tailgater Ballpark Blend
- 6 oz – Cheese curds
- 2 oz – Pretzels, crumbled
- Julienne the onions and place in a sauté pan with the butter over medium low heat. Cook and caramelize the onions for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the cream cheese, beer, cheddar cheese and tailgater seasoning in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Line up the brats side by side. About 2” from the end, skewer the brats together. Repeat on the other side of the brats.
- Preheat smoker to 300 degrees.
- Place the brats on the smoker and flip after 15 minutes.
- Smoke for another 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Spread the beer cheese mixture on top of the brats and then place the cheese curds on.
- Place back on the smoker for 10-15 minutes until the internal temp of the brats reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove from the grill and top with the caramelized onions and crumbled pretzels.
- Slice and enjoy!