Celery Seed, Whole
Origin: India, France.
Celery seed is actually the dried fruit of the Apium graveolens plant or "smallage", a close relative to the vegetable. The seeds are extremely small and light brown in color, which give the flavor and aroma of celery. Celery seed has a slightly bitter taste similar to parsley.
Ground Celery Seed Uses:
- Bloody Mary, cocktails & tomato juice
- Sausage making
- Salad dressings
- Soups & stews
- Broth & stocks
- Relishes & coleslaw
- Eggs & egg dishes
- Reuben & muffuletta sandwiches
- Mayonnaise based salads - Chicken, egg, potato & tuna
- Sauces & marinades
- Season beef, poultry, pork, lamb, fish & seafood
- Pairs with any vegetables & potatoes