Firemen all over the country boast their chili as the best at cook-offs and festivals, and most have fantastic recipes. We made a mix that's inspired by those great chili flavors and is equally blue ribbon worthy. Take home this hearty flavored chili today. Don't feel like spending all night in the kitchen, this is a quick meal option or make ahead of time to share for game time get-togethers. Make it your own and turn up the heat!
Net. Wt. 6 oz.
You Will Need
- 1 Package PS Fireman's Chili Mix
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef (Also try ground turkey, venison or chicken)
- 1 15 oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. Can Red Beans or Chili Beans, Rinsed & Drained
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Onion, Diced (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- Brown ground meat in a large saucepan or stockpot. Drain any excess grease.
- Stir in water, beans, tomatoes & contents of soup mix; bring to a boil
- Reduce heat & simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently
Serve & top with diced onion, shredded cheese, sour cream or other topping (if desired)
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Spices Including Chili Pepper, Modified Food Starch, Onion*, Dextrose, Salt, Paprika, Garlic*, Citric Acid. *Dried.