MEAT PROCESSING AND SAUSAGE MAKING MADE EASY
Take your meat processing and homemade sausages to the next level. Our meat market is the perfect spot to find what you need to add to create a unique twist to homemade cooking. Be a master sausage maker and meat smoker in no time.
IS IT DIFFICULT TO MAKE YOUR OWN SAUSAGE?
Like learning anything new, once you explore recipes and find what you like, you’ll discover that sausage making isn’t too difficult. And the end result is delicious, costs less than store bought, and gives you more control of the food that ends up on your plate. Definitely worth the time pulled in to make your own sausages! Our blog has many resources to help you make your own sausages including tips and tricks, sausage recipes and full guides.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN SAUSAGE?
When you’re ready to dip your toes into the exciting world of sausage making, the first step is getting all your sausage making supplies.
- Good Meat Cuts - Whether you prefer ground beef or pork, you can’t go wrong. Typically, the best cuts of beef come from the chuck and you want to make sure it’s 80-85% lean. For pork, go for the boneless pork butt (don’t worry — it’s from the pig’s shoulder). It also contains 20-30% fat which makes for a delicious sausage that won’t dry out
- Sausage Casings - The casing is an essential part of a sausage. The sausage casing encloses the meat and provides extra flavor while ensuring it gets processed evenly. From natural to collagen and fibrous, there are a variety of different sausage casings with many flavors and textures to choose from. Select your favorite casing and you’re well on your way to a delicious homemade sausage.
- Sausage Seasoning - Make sausage your way with your choice of seasoning. Whether you’re looking for something hot and spicy, or a bit of sweetness, our collection of sausage seasonings has it all. Find your new favorite sausage seasoning for brats, summer sausage, snack sticks, and fresh or smoked links alike.
- Add-Ins - Looking to add professional-level flavor to your sausage? Try our cures, binders, additives, and high-temp cheeses.
Our award-winning cures add extra flavor, texture, and longevity to your meats, while binders can increase the moisture to improve texture. Take sausage making to new heights with a boost of flavor from high-temp cheeses that won’t melt when you smoke or grill the meat.
BEST MEAT PROCESSING EQUIPMENT
Once it’s time to start making the sausage, be sure you’ve got all the right equipment to prepare, process, and preserve it.
- Prepare your meat with meat tenderizers, cutting tools, and a scale.
- Process your meat with a meat grinder or hand-cranked stuffer. You’ll then use a top-of-the-line smoker or dehydrator if you’re making jerky, meat mixers, and stockinettes.
- Preserve your meat with vacuum sealers.
HOW LONG CAN MEAT STAY IN THE FRIDGE?
Need to prepare your sausage before you’ll have time to cook them? No problem at all. You can keep uncooked sausage in the fridge for 1-2 days before cooking. Need a bit more time? Vacuum seal your homemade sausage and freeze it. It will stay good for up to six months.
BE YOUR OWN MASTER CHEF
We’re here to help you delight your friends and family and cultivate your new passion. Be sure to check out PS Seasoning for the newest casings and seasonings for meat processing and sausage making.
15% off your first order
Subscribe for instant savings, exclusive offers, tasty recipes and other great meat processing content.