Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 lbs.||Bone-in, skin-on Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs|
|2 cups||Panko Breading|
|1 quart||Vegetable Oil, for frying
1. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and buttermilk and set aside. In another large bowl, add the panko and set aside.
3. Coat the chicken in egg mixture, then dredge in the panko*, shaking off any excess. Set the coated pieces aside and repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
4. Heat 1 inch of oil in a heavy bottomed pan or cast iron skillet to 375˚F.
5. Working in small batches, fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown and crispy, about 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160˚F.
Check out our video "Three Ways To Make Fried Chicken"