|10||Pattypan Squash (3"- 4" diameter)|
|1/2 Cup||White onion, Finely Chopped|
|1/2 Cup||Celery, Finely Chopped|
|1/2 Cup||Green Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped|
|1/2 Cup||Mushrooms, Finely Chopped|
|1 Cup||Fresh Spinach, Chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Maple Bacon Shake|
1) In a large saucepan fill with water and bring to a rapid boil. Add the pattypan squash and allow to soften for 7-10 minutes until tender.
2) Carefully remove squash and allow to cool slightly.
3) Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon. Remove and set aside, allowing the excess fat to remain in the pan.
4) Add the white onion, garlic, celery and bell pepper to the sauce pan and saute for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushroom and spinach and cook for another two minutes until the spinach is wilted.
5) Remove pan from heat and add back the bacon and add Maple Bacon Shake to the mixture.
6) Slice off 1/3 off the squash and set aside the tops. Using a small spoon, scoop out the insides being careful not to puncture the sides or bottom.
7) Add the scooped out squash to mixture and fill each pattypan. Sprinkle the top with Maple Bacon Shake for extra flavor if desired.
8) On a foil rimed baking dish, bake the stuffed pattypan for 15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!