A classic roast beef gets a flavor boost from our Smokin' Steer Hickory Peppercorn sauce. The beef is marinaded, then roasted until perfectly tender and pink on the inside. Slice and serve with mashed potatoes, egg noodles or roasted root vegetables.
Hickory Peppercorn Roast Beef
Prep time: 8-12 hours
Cook time: 70 minutes
|3 lbs.||Top Round Beef Roast|
|Smokin' Steer Hickory Peppercorn|
|1||Red Onion, chopped|
|3||Garlic Cloves, smashed|
- Place top round in a large resealable bag. Pour Smokin’ Steer over beef and seal bag. Allow to refrigerate in the marinade for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Remove top round from marinade, and set on a roasting rack within a roasting pan. Place rack over onion, garlic, and fresh herbs for additional flavor.
- Transfer beef to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325°, and cook an additional 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temperature of 125° to 130° F.
- Remove roast from the oven, allow to rest for 15 minutes, then slice into thick slices (approximately one inch), against the grain.