|2 Cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|4 Tbsp (divided)
||Sweet Bourbon Chipotle Bacon Shake (Use 2 Tbsp for glaze)|
|4 Lbs.||Chicken Wings (You may also try boneless chicken tenders)|
|Oil for frying|
|½ Cup||Butter, melted|
1) In a bowl, mix the flour and 2 Tbsp Sweet Bourbon Chipotle Bacon Shake; set aside.
2) In a second bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
3) One at a time, dip a chicken wings or tenders in the egg wash, then in the flour; repeat once more so they are double-coated, then line on a baking sheet.
4) Once all the wings/tenders are coated, chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. While they are cooling, fill a deep pot with about 2 inches of cooking oil and heat to about 375°F.
5) After the chicken has chilled, depending on the pot size, place about 2 to 3 pieces of chicken in hot oil. CAUTION: Oil will splatter! Be careful when frying. *Be sure to have a wire rack for cooling and place it over a baking sheet or absorbent paper.
6) Turn chicken wings over after about 5 minutes to ensure both sides cook through. Make sure the breading is a golden brown and chicken reaches 160°F when checked with a meat thermometer. For chicken tenders, cook one until golden brown, cool and cut to ensure there is no pink in the middle. Once chicken wings/tenders are cooked through, place on wire rack to cool and allow excess oil to drip off.
Melt the ½ Cup butter in a microwave safe bowl then mix in the 1/2 cup honey; blend thoroughly. Add the ¼ tsp paprika and 2 Tbsp Sweet Bourbon Chipotle Bacon Shake; blend again. Microwave on high for 1 minute more. While chicken is on the wire rack, brush each piece of chicken on both sides using a basting brush; let excess drip off.
*If you want a little more spice & smokiness in the glaze, add an additional 1/2 Tbsp more of the Sweet Bourbon Chipotle Shake and aother 1/4 tsp Paprika.
Serve & enjoy!