These Pitmaster-quality St. Louis Ribs are as easy as 3-2-1. This simple and easy to remember method results in perfectly tender and juicy ribs that fall right off the bone. St. Louis style spareribs are rubbed with our sweet and smoky Lumberjack Hickory Maple then smoked and wrapped with brown sugar and butter for two, then basted in our Blueberry Maple BBQ sauce for the final hour of smoking.
3-2-1 St. Louis-Style Pork Ribs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
|St. Louis-Style Rib Rack|
|TT||Lumberjack Hickory Maple|
|1/4 cup||Brown Sugar|
|3 T||Butter, thin pats|
|Sweet Tooth Blueberry Maple|
- Preheat grill or smoker to 200 F.
- Remove the membrane on the back of the ribs, trim off excess fat, meat flap, and silverskin, then season both sides of the ribs with Lumberjack.
- Transfer to the grill and smoke for 3 hours, over indirect heat.
- Remove ribs from the grill, and set on 2 sheets of peach paper. Sprinkle with brown sugar, top with butter, then wrap the ribs.
- Return the ribs to the grill and increase temperature to 225 F. Cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and cut open the paper with kitchen shears, being cautious of hot steam.
- Fold over the paper, baste with Sweet Tooth, then return ribs to the grill (meat side up). Close the lid and cook ribs another hour, until tender.
- Remove ribs from the grill, allow to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve hot.