Smoked Beef Sticks
25 Lb. Meat Batch
|25 Lbs.||90% Extra Lean Beef Trims|
|1 Package - B Unit||No. 493 Hot Snack Stick Seasoning|
|2-3 Cups||Distilled Water|
Instructions:1) Grind all meat through ⅜" plate, then regrind through ⅛" plate.
2) Add cure to water, mix into meat.
3) Add seasoning into meat and mix thoroughly approx. 4-6 minutes until meat becomes tacky.
Smoking Procedure1) Preheat smoker to 100˚F; drape sausage on sticks - pieces not touching.
2) Insert temperature probe in one stick.
3) Run at 100˚F for 1 hour with the dampers wide open.
4) After an hour, increase temperature to 125˚F; put ¾ pan moistened sawdust on burner and smoke for 5 hours. Close top damper to ⅛ open, bottom damper to ¾ open and increase temperature to 170˚F and close dampers.
5) Cook until internal temperature reaches 150-155˚F.
6) Turn OFF smoker and let cool to 100˚F. Remove to cooler.