|1 (2.5 to 3 Lb.)||Rack of Pork Back Ribs|
|2 ½ Cups||Apple Juice, Divided|
|1 Cup||Brown Sugar|
|3 Tbsp + Extra For Seasoning||Sweet Bourbon Chipotle Bacon Shake|
|1 Bottle||St. Louis Style BBQ Sauce|
1) Preheat grill to 325°F.
2) Place a long sheet of aluminum foil onto a baking sheet for prepping ribs. Be sure the foil is cut so that it's about 2" longer on than the ribs (on both ends). Rinse ribs under cold water, then pat dry with paper towel. Place ribs on the aluminum foil.
3) In mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and Sweet Bourbon Chipotle Bacon Shake; mix thoroughly to remove any clumps. Rub brown sugar mixture over entire rack of ribs. Completely work the mixture into the meat of the ribs for best flavor.
4) Once all the seasoning has been used, tightly wrap the aluminum foil around the ribs. You want to be sure you have a solid seal on the aluminum foil when you wrap it, leaving the ends open with the crease-side UP.
Note: If one sheet is not large enough, cut another sheet of aluminum foil (the same length as the first sheet) and tightly wrap it over the opposite side of the ribs. Again, ensure that you have a solid seal and that the crease-side is UP on the second layer of foil.
5) Using a measuring cup or anything with a pour spout, slowly pour 2 Cups of apple juice into the open ends of the aluminum foil. Pour about a cup in both sides and seal the ends tightly. It's okay if a small amount of the liquid escapes, but if much of the juice is leaking out, your going to have reinforce the foil for a better seal.
6) Place the baking sheet in the center of the grill and cover. Leave covered on the grill for 2 hours. While that is cooking: In a large bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce and remaining ½ Cup of apple juice; refrigerate.
7) After 2 hours, remove ribs from grill and set on a solid surface. Allow them to cool enough for handling. Remove them from the aluminum foil and set on a new baking sheet or large serving platter. Baste both sides of the ribs generously with the apple BBQ sauce mixture.
8) Place the ribs back on the grill meat-side UP. Baste the meat side and cook for 5 to 10 minutes before flipping. Cook meat-side DOWN for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until meat gets a nice charred appearance; remove. The meat should be "fall off the bone" tender.
9) Sprinkle with more of the Sweet Bourbon Chipotle Seasoning (if desired), brush on additional layer of the apple BBQ sauce, cut into portions and serve with remaining sauce.