|2 Lbs.||Skirt Steak, Sliced|
|12||Small 6" Flour Tortillas|
|1 Medium||Onion, Finely Chopped|
|¼ Cup||Lime Juice|
|⅓ Cup||Lemon Juice|
|1 Cup||Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice|
|4 tsp.||Garlic, Minced|
|1 Tbsp.||Fiesta Chili Lime Salt-Free Seasoning|
|1 Cup||Salsa or Pic De Gallo|
|To Taste||Salt & Pepper|
|Garnish||Fresh or Dried Cilantro & Red Onion Rings|
1) Place skirt steak in a large container that has a lid. To make marinade, combine tequila, juices, onion, garlic and Fiesta Chili Lime Seasoning in a mixing bowl; blend well. If you'd like, you may set some of the marinade aside for basting. Pour mixture over the steak strips ensuring all are submersed in liquid, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (up to 8).
2) After steak has marinated, prepare the tortillas by spraying them on each side with non-stick spray or brushing each side with a light oil. Stack the tortillas on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap them until they are ready for cooking.
3) Preheat grill to around 350ºF. While the grill is heating, you will prepare the skewers.
4) Using wood or metal skewers, loosely weave the steak strips so that there is about 1" open on both ends of the skewer. Do not pack the strips on too tightly or they will cook unevenly. Place on a tray or baking sheet and sprinkle each skewer with salt & pepper. Discard left over marinade.
5) You will first cook the tortillas on grill. Place as many as you can at one time directly on the grill grate, cover and let cook 5 minutes; flipping once and cooking an additional 5. Cook the tortillas until they appear bubbly and the edges are a golden brown. This will give them a semi-soft, crisp texture. If you prefer them softer, leave them on the grill for 3 minutes on each side.
Note: It's important that you leave the tortillas covered and undisturbed on each side while they cook to get that golden, bubbly color. Times will vary depending on your particular grill and the type being used. If you are using a charcoal grill, watch the tortillas more closely when cooking. Flat top grills will also get different results.
6) Once all tortillas are cooked, wrap them once again in a large sheet of aluminum foil and place them on the grill where they will remain warm. Place steak skewers on the center of the grill or wherever your grill gets the most heat.
7) Cook for 5 to 8 minutes covered, flip and cook for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. Cook steak strips to your desired temp. Times will vary depending on your equipment.
8) Once steak strips are finished, remove from heat along with tortillas and immediately being assembling tostadas while everything is still warm.
9) To assemble tostadas: Spread 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp guacamole on top of a tortilla and top with about 3 to 4 steak strips and salsa, if desired. Garnish with red onion rings and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Products Used In This Recipe:
2 1/2 Hours Makes 12 Ingredients: 2 Lbs. Skirt Steak, 12 6" Flour Tortillas, 1 Medium Onion, 1/2 Cup Tequila, 1/4 Cup Lime Juice, 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice, 1 Cup Fresh Orange Juice, 4 tsp Minced Garlic, 1 Tbsp. Fiesta Chili Lime Seasoning, 1 Cup Salsa, Cilantro, Red Onion