|5 Gallons||Ice Cold Water (35-40°F)|
|5 Lbs.||Maple Cure|
Mix thoroughly the 5 gallons of water with the 5 lbs. cure. Move on to the next step.
Cover Pickle Instructions:1) Place pieces in plastic or S/S pan and submerge in Pickling Solution (Add weight to hold submerged). Keep in Pickling Solution from 4-6 hours.
2) Remove and wash thoroughly. Let dry for several hours before smoking.
Smoking Instructions:1) Preheat Smoker to 100°F.
2) Baste fish with vegetable oil and place on racks (oiled) or in stockinette. 3) Increase thermostat to 110°F; damper ⅔ open. Add ⅔ pan of sawdust (moistened); smoke for 2 hours.
4) After 2 hours, increase thermostat to 120°F with damper ½ open. Add another ⅔ pan of sawdust (moistened); run 2 hours and remove sawdust pan. Close dampers.
5) Increase thermostat to 185°F and run until product reaches an internal temperature to 145°F.
6) Turn off thermostat and let cool to 100°F; remove to cooler.