Grilled Tomato Bacon Turkey Burgers w/ Chipotle Aioli
- PS Seasoning Chef
Turkey Burger Ingredients:
|2 Lbs.||Lean Ground Turkey|
|3 Tbsp||Tomato Bacon Basil Shake Seasoning|
|1||Roma Tomato, Thinly Sliced|
|1 Cup||Red Onion, Sliced & Separated Into Rings|
|4||Bakery Style Rolls, Cut|
Chipotle Aioli Ingredients:
|2 Tbsp||Chives, Dried|
|1 tsp||Garlic, Minced|
|2 tsp||Lime Peel, Grated|
|1 tsp||Chipotle Pepper, Ground|
1) Prepare Chipotle Aioli: Combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate. Tip: For a slightly thinner mixture, try adding a tsp of fresh lime juice.
2) Preheat grill to medium-high heat (About 400ºF).
3) In a large bowl combine ground turkey, Tomato Bacon Basil Shake and egg; mix thoroughly by hand.
4) Using hands or a burger patty press, form turkey mixture into 4 equal sized burger patties; place on platter. Butter the inside of the rolls and have them near the grill while you cook the patties.
5) If you prefer, you can pan-fry the bacon slices before you begin cooking the patties and place them on a plate lined with paper towel. You can also cook the strips on the grill.
6) Place burgers patties on grill and allow to cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Do not overcook the patties! Ground turkey tends to get dry when overcooked, so watch your temperature closely. During the last couple minutes of cooking patties, place rolls butter-side-down to toast. Remove once patties are cooked through and rolls are nicely toasted. *If cooking bacon slices on the grill, be sure they are done to desired crispness.
7) In a small saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp butter; add onions. Cook onions until softened and lightly caramelized; remove immediately from heat (this can also be done on the grill if you prefer).
8) To assemble burgers: Place 2 to 3 slices tomato on bottom half of roll, top with burger patties, spread with mashed avocado, add cooked onion, 2 bacon slices and spread chipotle aioli on top half of roll. Hold together with toothpick for serving if necessary.
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Tags: Grilling