Grilled Chipotle Cheddar Stuffed Salmon
- PS Seasoning Chef
Our measurements are for a serving of 4, but this recipe is easily adjustable depending on the amount of people you are serving.
|1 - 1½ to 2 Lb.||Fresh Boneless Salmon Fillet|
|3 oz.||Cream Cheese, Softened|
|1 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp||Sour Cream|
|2 Tbsp||Chipotle Cheddar Dip Mix|
|⅓ Cup||Gluten-Free Rice Panko Coating Mix|
|⅛ Cup||High-Temp Cheddar Cheese|
|Salt & Pepper To Taste|
*You will also need a 11 ½" X 8 ½" X 1 ½" disposable aluminum broiler pan.
1) Preheat grill to around 350°F and spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Rinse salmon fillet under cold water and pat dry. Place on a cutting board for prepping.
2) Cut fillet into 4 equal portions. Then, cut a 2"long slit lengthwise into the fillet, about ½" deep. It's important that you DO NOT cut all the way through the fillet or all the way to the edge. You only want to cut deep enough to make a small pocket in the center of the fillet. Sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper.
3) Place all remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend thoroughly. Using a tablespoon, scoop filling into the pockets you just made. In order to give each one a generous amount, use the spoon or fingers (if necessary) to press the filling deeper into the pockets. Do not spread the filling over the fillet. Instead, loosely pile it around the area where you made the slit. Evenly distribute the filling between all 3 fillets. Place them in the broiler pan about 1" apart.
4) Place pan directly on grill grate where it gets the most heat and close the grill cover. Cook fillets covered for about 25 to 30 minutes, checking them about every 10.
Note: The outside of the fillets should be a deep pinkish-yellow color with flaky white flesh when done. If the innermost point of the fillet is still pink, they are not fully cooked and need more time. The filling will become golden brown. Be careful not to overcook the fillets or they will become very dry and the filling will get charred.
5) Once the fillets are cooked through completely, remove from heat, plate and serve.