|1 Package||PS Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix|
|1 Stick||Butter, Softened|
|2 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 ½ tsp||Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend, Divided|
|½ Cup||100% Pure Pumpkin Puree|
|½ Cup||Pure Cane Sugar (or Granulated Sugar)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Make sugar cookie batter according to package directions by combining cookie mix, egg, butter and water.
3) Add the vanilla extract and 1 tsp of the Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend; mix completely. Fold in the pumpkin puree and mix thoroughly. Dough will become slightly stiff and tacky.
4) Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. Roll dough into even sized balls (prepare about 15 balls per tray).
5) In a shallow dish, combine the sugar and remaining ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend; mix. Using a small dish or glass with a flat bottom, spray with some cooking spray or dip in water, then dip in the sugar mix. Use the dish or glass to lightly flatten the cookie balls, no more than 1/2" thick. This will also leave a nice sugar/spice topping on the cookies.
Tip: *If the bottom of the bowl or glass becomes sticky or tacky, simply spray again with cooking spray or moisten with water, re-dip in sugar mixture and continue.
6) Once you have flattened all the cookies, place in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be lightly golden on the bottom with a soft, chewy texture. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.