Farmers Market Vegetable Quiche
- PS Seasoning Chef
|1||Pre-Baked Pie Crust|
|2 Cups||Assorted Tomatoes, cut into 1/2" thick slices and drained on a paper towel|
|1 T||Olive Oil|
Small Zucchini, sliced 1/2" thick
|1/4||Red Onion, sliced thin|
|1 Cup||Half-and-half or whole milk|
|1/4 Cup||All-Purpose Flour|
|1/2 tsp||Ground Pepper|
|1/4 tsp.||Dry Mustard|
|1/4 tsp.||Cayenne Pepper, more or less to taste (optional)|
|1 T||Fresh Basil, chopped plus extra for garnish|
|1 Cup||Shredded Gruyere Cheese|
|To Taste||Tomato Basil Seasoning|
1) To make the quiche, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Wash and slice the tomatoes and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
3) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and red onion and saute for roughly 7 to 10 minutes.
4) In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs, half-and-half, flour, chopped basil, salt, pepper, cayenne and dry mustard. Whisk until well blended or make it super easy and hit it with an immersion blender.
5) Sprinkle the shredded cheese in the bottom of the baked crust. Layer half the tomatoes and zucchini and onions over the cheese. Gently pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Top with the remaining tomatoes, zucchini and onions.
6) Sprinkle with Tomato Basil Seasoning and bake for 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set in the center.
7) Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving it. It may also be served at room temperature. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
8) Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.