Smoked Ham & Cheddar Brunch Quiche
- PS Seasoning Chef
|16 oz.||Shredded Potatoes or Frozen Hash Browns, Thawed|
|1¾ Cup, Divided||Liquid Egg Substitute|
|8 oz.||Sour Cream, Light or Regular
|2 Tbsp||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 Tbsp||Extra-Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tsp, Divided||California Garlic Pepper|
|½ tsp||Coarse Ground Black Pepper|
|¼ Cup||Fresh or Dried Chives|
|2 Cups||Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese|
|1 Cup||Smoked Ham, Finely Diced|
|2 Tbsp||White or Yellow Onion, Finely Chopped|
1) Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 9-Inch pan with foil being sure to press it against the edges and in the creases of the pan, then spray generously with cooking spray.
*NOTE: You may also use a springform pan. Be sure to spray the pan with cooking spray before lining it with foil and then once more on the foil. .
3) Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan, similar to a pie crust. Bake for 35 minutes or until edges are browned.
4) Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 1½ Cup egg substitute, sour cream, chive, onion and black pepper; cover and place in fridge while potato mixture is cooking.
5) After 35 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven and place the pan on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on the ham, then cheese and pour the egg mixture over the top. Use a spatula to spread the egg mixture evenly around the pan; place back in the oven for about 50 minutes.
6) After 50 minutes, the top of the quiche should be a golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Garnish with your favorite herbs.
Slice and enjoy!
Products Used In This Recipe: