|2||Red Apples, Peeled, Cored & Chopped|
|1 ½ Cup||Water|
|1 Package||Savor Buttermilk Pancake Mix|
|2 Tbsp.||Savor Apple Cinnamon BBQ Rub|
|1/3 Cup||Maple Syrup|
1) In a medium size mixing bowl, prepare pancakes by mixing the 1 ½ Cups of water to the package of Savor Buttermilk Pancake Mix. Then add 1 Tbsp. of the Savor Apple Cinnamon Rub; mix well. (Note: Be sure to mix until smooth. It may be easier to use a hand mixer to smooth out any lumps).
2) Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat. You may also use a griddle to cook more at once if you'd like.
3) Slowly add pancake mix to pan or griddle until it forms about a 6" diameter pancake. Let cook on one side until batter becomes very bubbly in appearance, then flip and cook on the other side 2 to 3 more minutes to ensure the pancake is not doughy.
4) Once pancakes are completed, set them aside to prepare the chunky apple cinnamon syrup.
To Prepare Chunky Apple Cinnamon Syrup:
1) Begin by melting the 2 Tbsp. butter in a pan that remains on medium heat.
2) Add the chopped red apples and stir to coat them completely in butter.
3) Sprinkle the remaining 1 Tbsp. of Savor Apple Cinnamon Rub over the apples and stir thoroughly. Cook this mixture until the apples become very tender and soft.
4) Once the apples are cooked, add the ⅓ Cup of Maple Syrup and cook until warm; remove from heat source.
5) Top the apple mixture directly on top of your pancakes and serve.