Pumpkin Spice Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Add a little bit of spice! Pumpkin spice is back and better than ever, just in time for Halloween. There won't be anything left of these Pumpkin Spice Pork Belly Burnt Ends.
- 3 LB – Pork Belly
¾ C – Apple Pie Rub
- ½ Stick – Butter
- 1 can – Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
½ C – Apple Butter
- 2 oz - Bourbon
- Cut the pork belly into 1 ½” squares. Season the pieces generously with Apple Pie rub and then place them on a tray. Let them rest at room temperature while your smoker preheats.
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Place the tray of pork belly on the smoker and cook for 3 hours.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, apple butter and bourbon together in a bowl.
- Remove the tray of pork from the smoker and place the pork in an aluminum ½ pan.
- Pour in the pumpkin mixture and stir well. Add butter in tabs on top of the pork.
- Cover with foil and place back on the smoker to cook for an additional hour to 1 ½ hours, until the pork belly is tender. (About 200 degrees)
- Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before serving.